Holiday Gems in the Corridor! Shop Local ❤️
We hope you’re getting close to finishing off those Christmas lists, but if you still need a little last minute nudge in the right direction we are here to help you find some holiday gems! This time we are all about supporting local, highlighting some fantastic local artisans, shops, and artists in our very corridor. Shopping local is a great way to give unique, handmade gifts to those you love and support your community at the same time.
We know this is not an exhaustive list and there are other fantastic shops, artists, and craftsmen in our very backyard, but we pulled together our office’s favorites as a start. First up are our top picks from local shops right here in our beloved Cedar Rapids, Iowa metro.
01. Moss | A recent Czech Village pop-up who got their start selling plants, pots and paraphernalia at the Newbo City Market.
02. SCOUT of Marion | A downtown Marion favorite who sells local and global, but always exquisitely made home, kitchen, beauty, kids goods and more. The ultimate place to go to find a gift for anyone on your list.
03. Raygun | A very tongue-in-cheek shirt and gift store specializing in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Midwestern laughs.
04. The Purple Wagon | A little shop for littles- the cutest hand-sew clothing, bows, and baby accessories.
05. SOKO Outfitters | A Czech Village shop with any EDC gear, travel gadget, and adventure attire you need for the great outdoors.
06. Pretty Lane | The cutest little pink downtown store carrying your beauty products and fun accessories, and hosting the most fun beauty parties.
Next on the list are some fantastic craftsmen. They may not have their own storefront or brick and mortar, but Cedar Rapids is home to a wealth of artists and artisans as well. We’ve gathered our favorites for you to browse.
01. Leigh Maxwell Jewelry | Jewelry artist highlighting natural gems and creating exquisite signature gold pieces.
02. Candice Luter Art & Interiors | A craftsman of many talents, specializing in woven art, wood goods, and fringed mirrors selling nationally.
03. Mary Zeran Art | Cedar Rapids-based contemporary abstract artist with pieces bursting with color and texture.
04. Hamilton Stoneware | Hand-thrown ceramic artist creating subtle, organic pottery mixing the old world with the new.
05. Crit Streed Art | An artist whose bold ink drawings are full of movement and paint-like strokes.
06. Juniper Company | Fair-trade and handcrafted artwork, accessories, and home decor with a simple, joyful touch.
Beyond our Cedar Rapids corner, some better known shops and artists are making their way in the world but still call Iowa home. Check out some Iowans we are happy to represent and show them some love this season.
01. Love and Grey 02. Moglea 03. Amana Shops 04. Perennity Designs 05. Bannor Toys 06. Loop Earring Co.
01. Llovies 02. Sage and Gray 03. By Invitation Only DSM 04. Sweet Swinging 05. JK Creative Wood 06. Nicole Letters
So there you have it, our lineup of the finest holiday gems in our Corridor so you can support your community AND give the best gifts. We can’t wait to hear what you love and find some great new artists and shops from YOU!
Wishing you the happiest of holidays this year,
& The MODG Team